Tear trough Area (Sunken Eyes) / Hollow Eye Circle Correction with Dermal Fillers
From the age of 30, one woman out of two starts to be concerned about eye circles. With ageing the skin loses its tonicity and gets thinner. Muscles become looser. Each fat compartment in the skin develops itself on its own; they separate and disperse, forming hollows, ridges, and folds. The orbits widen, the area increases and the infraorbital margin retracts.
After the successful launch in August 2012 of Teosyal® Redensity [I] – combining dermal filling and mesotherapy techniques – and after 9 years of research and clinical trials, Teoxane Laboratories in Geneva ( Switzerland) introduce a brand new product to the aesthetic medicine market, specifically developed to treat the difficult and sensitive area around the eyes.
Teosyal® Redensity [II] is an injectable gel specifically adapted to treat the eye circles. It is a viscoelastic gel of both cross-linked and non-modified hyaluronic acid. The gel is sterile, non-pyrogenic (= no feeling of warmness or heat after injection) and fully transparent and just slightly hygroscopic (= it attracts very little water resulting in minimal or no swelling after injecting). The viscoelasticity is perfectly designed to coat the eye circle region safely and durably and assures an easily spreading and controlled positioning of the gel.
It is indicated for treatment of eye circles, tear trough deformity, palpebromalar groove (= the horizontal groove under the eyes) and minimal palpebral bags (eye bags).
Teosyal® Redensity [II] contains:
- 15 mg (per ml) of Hyaluronic Acid,
- 8 amino acids (Glycine, Lysine, Threonine, Proline, Isoleucine, Leucine, Valine and Arginine,
- 3 antioxidants (Glutathion, N-acetyl-L-cysteine, Alphalipoic Acid),
- 2 minerals (Zinc and Copper)
- 1 vitamin (B6) and
- Lidocaine Hydrochloride (0,3%) has been added to provide the patient with maximal comfort and a virtually painless procedure.
The amino acids, vitamin, and minerals are necessary for restructuring and cell regeneration and the antioxidants for cell protection while the hyaluronic acid replaces lost volumes and improves skin hydration.
A clinical trial showed lasting results for a period of 12 months while 72% of the patients did not need any touch up after the initial injection.
Redensity [II] is a revolutionary 3 in 1 product. It contains:
- Optimally matched concentration of hyaluronic acid (HA) – 15 mg/g, slightly cross linked
- Skin rejuvenating complex (8 amino acids: Glycine, Lysine, Threonine, Proline, Isoleucine, Leucine, Valine and Arginine, 3 antioxidants: Glutathion, N-acetyl-L-cysteine, Alphalipoic Acid, 2 minerals: Zinc and Copper, 1 vitamin: B6)
- Lidocaine Hydrochloride
Redensity [II] is a new, unique gel, just slightly hygroscopic, meaning, it attracts very little water, resulting in minimal or no swelling after injecting, and so it is developed especially for the treatment of very delicate area around the eyes. Moreover, Redensity [II] has specific mechanical properties that induce a light gel which exerts low pressure on the tissues, contributing to a reduced risk of oedema (1,5%), which was proven during the 3rd phase of clinical research (67 patients monitored for a year).
Viscoelasticity of Redensity [II] gel is perfectly designed so as to coat the eye circle region. It is different from other dermal fillers in that it assures a perfect control of positioning of the gel with easier technique of injecting. Physicians esteem the product to be easy to inject (81%) and position (100%).
Redensity [II] has been developed for the tear trough area as well as for the treatment of fine lines, offering natural, safe and maximum long-term results of correction.
- Dark hollow circles
- Tear trough area
- Palpeblomalar groove
- Minimal palpeblar or malar bags (bags under eyes)
- Dark circles without the loss of volume
- Discolorations of dark circles
- Large palpeblar or malar bags (bags under eyes)