AVORA SKIN SPA presents a completely original concept in the new Babor FACE DESIGN COLLECTION that highlights every woman’s natural beauty. It is an extraordinary make-up line with modern ingredients which has been created in collaboration with the international star make-up artist Peter Schmidinger. The line consists of two components: an innovative application technique exclusively developed by Peter Schmidinger for easy at home use and a revolutionary makeup collection which complements this technique perfectly, providing not only beauty but nurturing skin care as well. The new luxurious products provide protection, treatment, regeneration and color in one; thanks to the lifting complex of active ingredients developed especially for the line and made with natural ingredients. The new FACE DESIGN COLLECTION has been developed for all women who have experienced the benefits from decades of professional BABOR expertise, and who would like to continue doing so at home. Appear beautiful – day in, day out.
Throughout his career as a make-up artist, Peter Schmidinger has worked with thousands of beautiful woman and top models, enhancing their beauty for shows and photo shoots. He has developed a golden rule for applying make-up to make the face look more balanced using three easy steps. The most important rule: first the shape – then the color! To begin, it’s about making contours stronger or softening them, depending on the form of the face. In the new BABOR FACE DESIGN CONCEPT, this is achieved by following the same three steps:
• Step 1 = Brightener
• Step 2 = Blush
• Step 3 = Eyebrows
In our brochure you will learn how to easily apply this principle. The goal is to look great all day long while only using a small amount of color. The FACE DESIGN CONCEPT is based on this essential principle: shape first, and then color! Every application of make-up begins by recognizing and then perfecting the form of the face. To be able to make a face visually balanced and even, you must first determine the shape of the face. Colors can become true highlights only when used on a face that has been perfectly shaped. To do this the following facial attributes should be analyzed:
• Features: eyes, eyebrows, cheeks, mouth
There are basically four different facial shapes, which in turn can be divided in two categories:
Oval: faces with soft contours.
Round: faces with soft contours.
Triangular: faces with strong contours.
Square: faces with strong contours.
Professional Makeup Tips from Peter Schmidinger:
How do I apply foundation properly?
Before using the three steps of the FACE DESIGN CONCEPT, apply a thin layer of foundation. This improves the skin’s complexion, conceals imperfections and helps achieve an even and flawless skin tone. The foundation should match your natural skin tone, in other words, the natural pigmentation of your skin. The color codes of the foundations and powders in the new BABOR FACE DESIGN COLLECTION compliment each other; so the foundation 01 matches perfectly with the powder 01 and so on. Always apply foundation from the center of the face outward in a thin coat with your fingers. This way no fringes of color appear i.e. at the hairline or at the edge of the neck. Do not rub when applying foundation; rubbing creates warmth which can cause redness and cause the make-up to not stay on as well as it could. Start by applying foundation to the forehead and follow the 5 point system:
1. Forehead, 2. Nose, 3. Left cheek, 4. Right cheek, 5. Chin. When applying foundation start at the reddest or most spotted area and always work in the direction of the little hairs: so from up to down. For stronger coverage use a brush or sponge when applying foundation.
Make-up stays on longer when you set it with powder!
To make make-up stay on as long as possible, it should be set using powder. Powder should be applied with very little pressure on the forehead, nose, cheekbones and chin. Work from the center of the face outward in circular motions. Be careful not to get powder on the brightener or it will be darkened and the desired highlight effect will be lost. Easy to remember: apply powder wherever foundation is in order to set it.
How do I accentuate my eyebrows correctly?
When accentuating the eyebrows it is important to determine the highest point of the brow. Trace an imaginary vertical line up from the far edge of the eye; where it hits the brow is where the highest point should be. The highest point is not above the middle of the pupil! Brush the eyebrow hair downwards before re-tracing it. This makes the actual hairline more visible and one no longer is in danger of tracing too far above the brow. Fill in the eyebrow using small, successive lines until you reach the highest point. Gently blend the color in the downward third of the eyebrow. Finally, brush the hair back over the drawn lines to achieve beautifully accentuated and completely natural eyebrows without bothersome smudges or lines that are too strong.
How can I make my lip make-up stay on better?
Follow these simple instructions:
1. First apply a thin layer of ADVANCED LIP BASE as a foundation on your lips.
2. Trace the natural contour of your lips with the MAXI DEFINITION LINER from the outside toward the center.
3. Apply lipstick or lip gloss.
4. The result: lipstick stays on much longer and there is noticeably less color lost.
1. First, apply a thin layer of ADVANCED EYE SHADOW BASE as a foundation on the upper lid. Apply the base from the eyelashes up to the eyebrows. Give it a moment to dry.
2. Apply the light eyeshadow color onto the entire eyelid, again from the eyelashes to the eyebrows.
3. Using the MAXI DEFINITION EYE LINER draw a thin line along the upper edge of lashes – always work from the outside to the inside. Allow the line to end at the outer corner of the eye. Careful when using white eyeliner on dark eyes; it can make light eyes look fresher but can make dark eyes look quite unnatural.
4. Apply the eyeshadow depending on the shape of the eyes:
∙ big eyes: start at the lower lash line and shade up to the middle.
∙ slightly hooded eyes: shade against the recess in the upper eye area up to the middle.
∙ small eyes with little room between the eyes and eyebrows: shade on the movable part of the lid just above the crease.
5. Finally, apply mascara by gently moving the brush back and forth and outward.